Here are highlights from last night:
- The first club I started in 9 years ago has a new manager who decided he didn't want us to come in. We chatted, cajoled and finally convinced him to at least let us leave bags at the cashier's desk. He later apologized to me for not allowing us our usual full access. It was obvious from the faces and body language of all of the workers that this new manager is not well-liked. In fact, one dancer arrived for work, asked which manager was on duty, heard it was Mr. Friendly and got back in her car and left.
- Sandra was sitting outside Mr. Friendly's club and motioned for me to come over. She told me to come back on Mr. Friendly's day off because the other manager would let us in. Sandra is a former dancer and has 8 kids. She danced for 15 years and is now a cook at the club. A customer is putting her through nursing school.
- The girl I saw interviewing last time got the job and is waitressing. I'm praying she gets a job in the high-end restaurant business as a hostess or waitress.
- Julie's mother is still going for radiation treatment and has good days & bad days.
- Caramel, Mary Jane, Dee, Leshondra want out of the business. We prayed for them in the dressing room.
We had a lot of good conversations and were able to encourage the girls.
Thanks for your prayers and support!
Drenda and the PTD team