- Jada's sister overdosed and died 16 days ago. Her mom died one year ago and that's when another sister started cutting herself. She was interested in the Day of Decision flyers we had in the bags.
- A lawyer handed us his card and said if any of the girls needed legal help to give him a call. He didn't appear to be talking with any girls.
- The door girl called our recruiter friend who helped her with her resume.
- Monica's 3 month-old baby has several health problems including asthma and bronchitis.
- Ann Marie's house was burglarized several days in a row. She moved her 4 kids out for their safety but still has to pay the electric bill, etc. She wants to move back home.
- Ava has 3 kids (ages 2, 3, and 6 years) and says she's working on getting visas for them.
- Mr. Friendly no longer works at the club. We've had full access again the past 2 months since he's been gone.
- Melanie has been dancing for one week and says it isn't going well. She has 13 hours left to receive her Medical Assistant certification.
- Rosie, Melanie, Melanie's mother, and 2 guys are living together and things aren't going well. Rosie goes to Lakewood on Wednesday nights.
- One girl says she is working on her associate degree. She said she knows working there isn't the right thing and wants to get out when she can.
- Sandy's 3 month-old baby was taken 3 weeks ago by the baby's father who told Sandy she had to pay thousands of dollar to get the baby back. Sandy started dancing to get the money.
- Nyla has a court date because she broke probation.
- A door girl's best friend (who is a dancer) has advanced stage cervical cancer.
- Sheri is going to school to become a crime scene investigator.
- Jess said she had heard of the church ladies and was happy to finally meet us. When asked if we could pray for her, she replied, "You can pray for the other girls. They really need it. Things aren't so good for them. I have someone to take care of me."
- Lindsey is a believer and asked for prayer for guidance and faith.
- Casey's baby's daddy (Xavier) has a baby with another baby momma and there is a lot of conflict.
- Ali told his wife about the church ladies. They both think what we do is a "beautiful thing".
One girl, Abbey (name changed), quit dancing 3 weeks ago. She's taking classes at a community job and is looking for part-time work. She's been to church several times. She's asked us to contact a friend of hers who wants to get out and is 4 months pregnant. We will be following up with her friend.
When you think about it, please say a prayer for the children mentioned and for the girls. Please pray for doors to open for Abbey.
Thanks for your prayers and support! God is FAITHFUL!
Piercing the Darkness,
Drenda and the PTD team