- Iesha had money stolen out of her locker and wanted prayer -- not for her lost money but for general purposes
- Sonya was new and has a daughter whose name is Nevaeh ("Heaven" spelled backwards). Sonya and her boyfriend are students at North Harris Community College. They attend Lakewood.
- Shay wants a job doing anything but what she's doing now.
- Brandy asked Tammy why we do this. Tammy's response? Because we know you probably won't come to us (church) so we come to you to let you know we love you and God loves you. The girl started bawling.
- It was Lena's third day to dance.
- One girl was dancing in the cage, and Linda placed a bag on the edge of the stage for her. Tammy later saw her sitting inside the cage going through the bag and reading the scripture.
"I already feel convicted enough. I don't need them in here reminding me."
I prayed throughout the month Mr. Friendly's schedule would change so we could go back in "his" club. As we were praying prior to going out, I felt he would be there and that maybe we were to cross paths just as much for him as for the girls. When we pulled in to the parking lot, he was standing outside talking to the valet. We approached him, he greeted us and said we could go in but not beyond the cashier. He called the girls to the front. After leaving bags with the cashier, we went outside. Mr. Friendly repeatedly apologized for not allowing us in. He blamed the owner. Then we began a lengthy conversation about politics, the industry, his family and more. It was surreal. He was articulate and entertaining. Mr. Friendly, like other managers and owners, says he's there to help the girls, "but if they're still dancing after 5 years, he won't give them the time of day." He says they should use the money they're making to go to school and better themselves.
On a different note, we were blessed with a special offering this month. A friend had her 50th birthday and asked the party attenders to make a donation to Piercing the Darkness Ministries instead of buying her a gift. She gave me an envelope filled with cash. I was humbled. I know God will reward her.
As always, I'm grateful for your prayers and giving. I don't know why God chose any of us to do this. I feel like the goofiest, most shy, unqualified team member. Why me? why us? No clue. In spite of my shortcomings, I'm honored to be a part of His search and rescue team.
Piercing the Darkness,
Drenda and the PTD team