Here are highlights from last night:
- Staci prayed with Shelley who has 4 kids. Staci previously met Shelley the first night Staci came with the team. It was also Shelley's first night at the club, too.
- Kiki is new. The club was raided the week before, and she got out of jail on Friday. It was her first offense. She's hoping to get her record expunged.
- Sunnie's baby daddy is facing a possible jail term. She asked prayer for him.
- Marissa wants out. She wants to go to cosmetology school and eventually own a hair salon.
- Diamond's dad is having spinal surgery. He's a vet.
- Shawn asked for general prayer.
- Percy and his wife are back together.
- Kim is waiting to hear back from a job interview.
- Two girls, who were dancing in a cage, stopped dancing & reached out for a bag. Both stood in the cage and looked through the contents of the Christmas stockings and read the note inside.
- Norma got to see Stacy (whom she met in Oct.). We prayed for her son. She said he is doing fine.
- Girl dancing on main stage reached out for a bag and thanked the ladies for bringing her a gift. She never missed a beat.
- Kim (a different Kim) wants to go to dental school next fall.
- Lila is in collision school (auto body repair) and asked for prayer to get through school and get a job.
- Nicole asked why we do this. Vicky told her because we love her. Vicky also let her know we're no different than she is.
Two things I'm excited about (Go, God!):
- Misty (waitress) quit and is staying at home with her daughter. I met her the night she interviewed for the job.
- A manager got off crack. He was addicted for 18 months. He's been clean and sober for 2 months.
On a sad note:
I've been wondering where a certain manager is. His club burned down, and I've been unable to find out if he bought another one. (He's the Muslim club owner who gave us money in the past because he believed in what we're doing.) I found out his 20-year daughter died recently of an overdose. They told me which club he bought, and I'm trying to get in contact with him to see if he needs anything. I was told he's not doing well. Please keep him and his family in prayer.
Thank you for your continued support and prayers!
Drenda and the PTD team