- Amy requested prayer for her 15 year old son who is giving her a hard time.
- One girl let us know she no longer is a dancer. She's now waitressing.
- Prayed with 6-8 girls in the dressing room. One of the girls who was obviously high on something and rather loud was crying by the end of the prayer.
- A dancer approached Kim and asked if she was there for the bachelorette party. Kim responded, "Are you new?" "Yes." "We're the Church Ladies who come every month." "Oh." The girl quickly walked away. LOL
- Martrisha asked for prayer because she needs help in school.
- One dancer recognized Norma from another club where the girl used to work. I think it's great that Norma is recognized.
- A young man (26 years old) hugged the team as they passed out bags. As he hugged Vicky, he told her his mom had been a dancer when he was growing up. She was an addict, and he appreciated everything we were doing in this club.
- Olivia asked prayer for her daughter Annabelle.
- A dancer requested prayer for her mother who has MS.
- One dancer thought we were there to reminisce about our days as dancers. When she realized who we were, she apologized. Again, LOL.
I spent quite a bit of time talking to one of the owners of the clubs. He's owned clubs like this for 23 years. He has a wife and kids. I asked him what his wife thinks about it. His response: "What do you think? No woman wants her husband doing this kind of job."
When you think about it, please pray for the girls (& owners). They have the same needs we do: troubled kids, sick family members, marital issues, help with school work, etc.
Drenda and the PTD team