- "We like what you are doing."
- "Is this a gag? No? Hey, this is cool. Really cool. I mean it. Really cool."
- "I've been dancing for 17 years and took time out to teach Sunday School."
- "I saw other girls with these bags. I wanted one. They are so pretty. 'You are loved.' Aw, that's so sweet."
- One girl walked up and saw our name. She turned and walked away. Tammy called out to her that the bags contained chocolate. She came back over to the booth and picked up a bag. I offered her a CD. She asked what it was. When I told her it was the Bible told in an animated way in less than 60 minutes, she backed off and said, "No, thanks. I've got enough Jesus in my life." She started to walk off and came back and returned the bag and couldn't get away from us fast enough. Later her boyfriend approached the booth next to us. She stayed on the other side of him up close to a wall and avoided all eye contact with us.
- I waved at a girl who came over and told me she is grateful to be where she is, and she gives to a women's shelter. All of a sudden she teared up and said, "I can't believe I'm crying. I know I'm not where I'm supposed to be. I know I'm supposed to be helping people. I know that's my calling." I told her God had a plan and a purpose for her life. She assured me she knew that and walked off.
- We met the owner of a club in Ft. Myers Beach, FL who said she has a group of church women who come in her club and have prayer with the girls and give them gift bags. I started this ministry when I heard about a church in Ft. Myers Beach, FL who ministered in the strip clubs.
- One of the first people we met was from Ohio and was intimately familiar with the conflict between the church and strip club who recently made national news. (The church has been picketing the strip club for 4 years. The strip club owner finally had enough and started picketing the church.) Long story short, this man likes what we do and how we do it. We will have further conversations with him about future opportunities to work together.
- Another person does erotic parties and works with "disenfranchised" people. He took our card and said he will put it in his portfolio as another resource for the disenfranchised.
- We met a man from Harlingen, TX who ministers in the strip clubs in South Texas. He was glad to see us there and encouraged us to keep coming back every year. He's been coming to this event for the past 15 years.
It was an awesome day. I was nearly in tears after the first three conversations because I knew this event was God-ordained. We are looking forward to tomorrow!
|Wes making more bags.|
Thanks for your prayers!
Drenda, Wes and Tammy