Friday, August 13, 2010

Last night (8/10/20100

Last night we went to the strip clubs and took gift bags to the girls. Each bag contained nail polish, an invitation to church, an encouraging scripture and chocolate candy. We had a smaller team than usual, and we had a new team member. We added 2 clubs to our usual route. Here are the highlights:

At one of the two "new" clubs (we've been to both of these clubs in the past but not on a Tuesday night), the manager talked to us a little before letting us in. He said the previous evening his mother told him he was "working in the devil's house." He told her that light could shine anywhere -- even in the darkness, and here we were. The manager tried to warn us of what we might see. We told him we've been doing this for ten years and wouldn't be surprised at anything we saw.

As we passed out bags, a female approached me and told me we couldn't be in there. I told her the manager gave us permission. She said, "He doesn't know what he is talking about." Then she started trying to grab the bags out of my hands. I again told her the manager said we could be there and continued handing out bags. She stomped off and went over to my mother and told her we couldn't be soliciting. My mother told her we weren't soliciting. The female told her we couldn't be selling anything. My mom told her we weren't selling anything. She stomped off again.

Several girls came up to me and apologized for that one female's behavior. Each girl told me how much they appreciate us and what we were doing. The female came back to me and pointed towards the door. The manager sheepishly waved us over.

We went outside and talked with the manager who said the female is the daughter of one of the owner's. As we talked further with the manager, we found out he attends the same church as our newest team member. This is a 2nd job for him where he works a couple of nights/week. He said he was on a 10-day plan to get out, and he had 9 more days to go. I told him after tonight, he might be out faster.

Earlier in the evening, a dancer approached me about getting out of the business. She says she is doing this to make ends meet until she can find a job in corporate America. I gave her my contact info but haven't heard from her yet.

A manager said he is tired of the business and wants out but nothing else pays as well.

Most of the clubs were pretty slow.

When you think about it, please say a prayer for the girl and two managers who want out.

We will be leaving for Vegas in 10 days. The Expo starts 8/24. I'm excited! We have cosmetic bags imprinted with "You are loved", a CD and temporary tattoos of our logo to give away. Thanks to everyone who has given and who is praying for this event. I know God will show up.

I will blog each night after the show ends. I will try to have (family friendly) photos and/or video uploaded as well.

Drenda and the team

No comments: